www.ConnectEbt.com is the official website that is used to administer Food Stamps, currently known as SNAP, WIC and cash assistance benefits payments for various state programs which will be listed on this page. Furthermore, you can login to your EBT Account to check your SNAP, WIC, or cash balance using the simple guide which we have provided in this article.
What Is EBT Card?
Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) is a system for delivering SNAP and cash assistance benefits to eligible individuals and household. The EBT system does not affect the determination of eligibility for these programs or the level of benefits that beneficiaries receive. It is simply a method of delivering the benefits via a magnetically encoded payment card.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is formally known as the Food Stamp program. The Snap benefits are used to buy food which helps eligible low-income individuals and households obtain more nutritious diets by increasing their food purchasing power at grocery stores and supermarkets.
Once you apply for snap benefits and you are eligible, you will receive an Electronic Benefits Transfer card (EBT card) which is used to purchase food at grocery stores and supermarkets.
What Food Can I Buy With EBT Card?
According to the United State Department of Agriculture, you are allowed to buy a certain food item with your EBT card at the grocery store. Below are the USDA eligible food item.
Households CAN use SNAP benefits to buy:
- Foods for the household to eat, such as:
- Bread and cereals
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meats, fish and poultry and dairy products.
- Seeds and plants which produce food for the household to eat.
In some areas, restaurants can be authorized to accept SNAP benefits from qualified homeless, elderly, or disabled people in exchange for low-cost meals.
Households CANNOT use SNAP benefits to buy:
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
- Any nonfood items, such as pet foods
- Soaps, paper products
- Household supplies
- Vitamins and medicines
- Food that will be eaten in the store
- Hot foods
To find out more about eligible food items, visit this page to see the full list of the eligible food item.
www.ConnectEBT.com State Program
The following states use www.connectebt.com website to administer Food Stamps, WIC and cash assistance benefits.
- Connecticut EBT
- Connecticut WIC
- Delaware EBT
- Georgia EBT
- Indiana EBT
- Indiana WIC
- Iowa EBT
- Louisiana EBT
- Maryland EBT
- Michigan EBT
- Michigan WIC
- Mississippi EBT
- New Jersey EBT
- New York EBT
- Ohio EBT
- Oklahoma EBT
- Oklahoma WIC
- Pennsylvania EBT
- South Carolina EBT
- Tennessee EBT
- Utah EBT
- Vermont WIC
- Virginia EBT.
How To Use Your EBT card To Make Purchase
Any time you want to make a purchase, you need to look for the Quest® mark on the door or the window of the store. You can see the list of grocery stores that welcome SNAP EBT customers.
- After picking your food items, walk to the check-out point, swipe your EBT card. Remember, you can only buy eligible food items with your SNAP benefits.
- Then, type in your secret PIN on the number pad, then press Enter.
- Tell the cashier how much money to enter or enter the purchase amount yourself.
- Check your receipt to ensure that the amount on the EBT receipt is the same as your grocery receipt.
Having see what you can buy with your BT card and as well how to use your EBt card, let’s now proceed to Connect EBT Login www.connectebt.com to check EBT balance.
www.connectebt.com EBT Card Login To Check EBT Card Balance
By visiting www.connectebt.com, you can login to check your balance, provided your state is included in the list above. If you are using the website for the first time, you need to create a User ID and password at the website.
To create an online account to access your EBT balance, select your state program first. Then provide your Zip Code, Date of Birth and your EBT Card number in the space provided, in order to create an account.
Next, enter a User ID and Password. This will be the user ID and password you will be using to login and check your EBT Balance every time you visit the website.
How To Check Food Stamp Balance at Connect EBT Website
- To check your food stamps or EBT Balance, visit the EBT connect website at www.connectebt.com
- Select your state program from the drop-down menu at the right side of the page.
- Once you have selected your state program, then at the left side of the page, enter your “User ID” and “Password”.
- Click login to access your account balance.
Forgot Password or User ID?
In case you lost or forgot your User ID, select your state program on the right-hand side of the page,
- Then click on “Forgotten User ID” if you forgot your User ID or click on “Reset Password” if you need to reset your password. From there, you will be given instructions on how to proceed.
- To recover your User ID, you have to provide your Zip Code, Date of Birth and your EBT Card number in order to help you retrieve your User ID information.
- To reset your password, you need to provide your Zip Code. Then enter your Date of Birth and your EBT Card number and then you will be given the option to enter a new password.
If this information was useful for you, please don’t forget to share it with your family and friends through your favorite social networks, it would mean a lot to them.